A George V three piece silver tea service of plain form and World War One interest. The teapot is of bulbous form and features a domed cover with fruitwood handle and stylised spout. Each piece stands on a circular foot.
The teapot is engraved as follows:
" Presented to Dr & Mrs Edwards, the Commandant & Matron, as a token of appreciation of their devoted services at the Brighouse Auxiliary Military Hospital 1916 - 1919".
Each piece also features a monogram "E" to one side.
All hallmarked for London 1918 by Barraclough & Sons. Stamped to the underside of each item is "Z Barraclough & Sons, Silversmiths Leeds".
In excellent condition with very light surface wear. Little sign of use.
Approximate weight for all three pieces is 40.63 troy ounces, or 1.264 kilos.
Teapot: 19 cm length, 18 cm height and 12 cm depth.
Sugar bowl: 12 cm diameter and 6 cm height.
Cream jug: 11 cm length, 11.5 cm height and 7 cm depth.