Georgian, George III, Pair of Irish Silver Loving Cups. Features a reeded girdle and twin leaf capped scroll handles. The pedestal cups are of inverted bell form and raised on a moulded circular foot.
Both are hallmarked for Dublin by Richard Tudor and date to around 1770. There is no date letter on either cup, but this is normal for pieces by Richard Tudor. He was elected to the position of Master of the Goldsmiths' Company of Dublin in 1771/72, having previously been a Warden.
Both cups are in very good condition with moderate surface wear commensurate with age. Some clouding to the silver and a small split to the foot of one. The split has been sealed on the inside of the foot.
Approximate weight for the pair is 850 grams or 27.3 troy ounces.