Victorian Silver Plated Tankard Jug. Of Georgian style with a leaf capped handle and part fluted domed cover with turned knop. The body features two vacant cartouches enclosed by foliage and scrolls. Two bands of fluting at the upper and lower parts of the body. Raised on a spreading circular foot.
Marked as EPNS (electro plated nickel silver) by John Sherwood & Sons of Birmingham, circa 1880.
In excellent order with very light surface wear commensurate with age. Very slight plate wear within the cartouches.
Approximate weight is 649 grams.
Approximate dimensions are 21 cm height, 22 cm handle to spout length and 12 cm base diameter.