Georgian, George II, Silver Toddy Ladle with Turned Wooden Handle.
The crest is for Medlycott/Medlicott; a demi-eagle with wings elevated emerging from a mural crown. Likely to have been in the possession of Thomas Hutchings Medlycott (1729-1795). He was the son of John Hutchings & Elizabeth Medlycott. Thomas was a practising barrister and MP for Milborne Port, Somerset, between 1763 and 1770 and again in 1790. The Medlycott Family owned Ven House in Milborne Port throughout the 18th and 19th centuries, until they sold much of the estate between 1918 and 1925. Sir William Coles Medlycott was the son of Thomas and was created 1st Baronet of Ven House in 1801; also serving as the MP for Milborne Port. Sir Mervyn Medlycott, was the 9th and last Baronet who died at Sandford Orcas Manor, Dorset in 2021.
Hallmarked for London 1751 by William Gwillim.
In excellent condition with light surface wear commensurate with age.
Approximate dimensions are 30 cm length and 6 cm bowl width.
Approximate weight is 74 grams.