Graduated Pair of Silver Plated Salvers with Monogram for Alfred de Rothschild. One is a waiter or card tray and the other is a salver. Both have gadrooned borders and are raised on three reeded bracket feet. The field with richly engraved detail surrounding a central monogram.
Alfred de Rothschild (1842 - 1918) was a member of the Rothschild banking family and entered the family business in 1863. He was also a director of the Bank of England. Alfred inherited the family estate at Halton in 1879.
Both are marked for Harrison Brothers & Howson of Sheffield and date to around 1890 - 1910.
In excellent condition with light surface wear commensurate with age. No loss of silver plate.
Approximate weight for the pair is 700 grams.
Waiter: 19.5 cm diameter.
Salver: 24.5 cm diameter.