Georgian, George III, Old Sheffield Plate crested waiter with Chippendale rim. Features later chasing and stands on four scrolled feet.
The armorial bearings commemorate the marriage of Edmund Turnor of Stoke Rochford Hall, Stoke Rochford, Lincolnshire and Panton Hall, Wragby, Lincolnshire to Dorothea Tucker. Dorothea was the sister of Commander Sir Edward Tucker, KCB, Royal Navy and the daughter of Lieutenant Colonel Martin Tucker. Edmund was an antiquarian, having been educated at Trinity College, Cambridge. He was elected a fellow of The Society of Antiquaries of London in 1778 and a Fellow of The Royal Society in 1786. He was a Justice of the Peace and also served as M.P. for Midhurst. A heraldry report accompanies this item.
In good condition with high surface wear and a small amount of copper bleed. The armorial is faded.
Approximate weight is 365 grams.
Approximate dimensions are 20 cm diameter and 3.5 cm high.