Late Victorian Set of Five Silver Plated Salts with the Monogram of Alfred de Rothschild. Of circular form with beaded rims and raised on three hoof feet.
Alfred de Rothschild (1842 - 1918) was a member of the Rothschild banking family and entered the family business in 1863. He was also a director of the Bank of England. Alfred inherited the family estate at Halton in 1879.
Marked as electro plated nickel silver by Martin Hall & Co Ltd.
In excellent condition with moderate surface wear and some interior pitting. Free of dents and creases.
Approximate weight of all five salts is 300 grams.
Approximate dimensions of one salt is 7 cm length and 3 cm height.