Commemorative Pewter Medal for the Battle of Waterloo, ‘Napoleon Le Grand’, from the Palmers Museum, London. Opened in November 1815 by a Mr. Palmer, the Waterloo Museum was located at 97 Pall Mall, London. It was one of a number of London establishments targeting public interest in the Battle of Waterloo, earlier that year. Retired soldiers and men who had lost limbs at Waterloo were employed as staff.
The medal is signed GAYRARD F for the French sculptor and medallist Raymond Gayrard (1777 - 1858).
In very good condition with a crack to the suspension loop and roughly cast to the reverse.
Approximate weight is 35 grams.
Approximate diameter is 5.3 cm.